Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Got back new roll from Walmart (Dwayne's)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Took one of my 10 year old Kodachrome rolls I shot a few months ago into Walmart a week and a half ago...wasn't going to get it developed because I discovered afterwards I had horribly overexposed it...but since we were having that earlier debate over the dirt ridden film, i figured, for 5.00, what the heck. I got back the film tonight, and...perfect...no goo, no dirt, looking very clean...just a tiny bit of dirt at first few seconds, no big surprise there. My faith in Dwayne's is back! Only thing, they put a white leader on it, and my projector would not take it...had to snip it off. I may send off a few rolls to Kodak too, but at least I know I can send off a roll to Dwayne's and be satisfied! I guess the chemist came back from maternity leave! Mike

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I can tell you that with Kodak I find about 25% of the time the leader breaks off the first time the film goes into the projector. I guess I keep forgetting to just re-splice before I put it into the projector.

    I also get some spotting/dirt the first 10 frames of so on most rolls from Kodak. Plus they are known to unexplicably cut off a foot or two of footage from either end. I would never shoot anything really important in the first or last 5 feet.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've talked about the "five and five" rule in the past.

    Be careful for the first and last five feet of every cartridge. Some people who can't believer there is only 2 minutes and 30 seconds on a cartridge at 24 FPS just shudder when you tell them that rule!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •